Saturday, September 1, 2007

september 1, 2007

Well I'm starting this blog to let you know a little about my 14month old son Adrian he was born with short gut syndrome due to midgut vulvus and at about 3months of age he "developed" hydrocephalus. He was born on 06/16/2006, 6 weeks early weighing 6lbs 1oz 19 inches . In the early days it was very hard no one could give us any explanations about his condition except that he would probably die at around 4 months they told me awful things such as children with this condition dont make it and have no quality of life, which is really funny to me because as soon as we were transferred to phoenix childrens which is maybe 3 miles away we found other families with this condition and assurance that he was going to be okay I will write more about the early days up until now but it might take me a little while to get all the information together. Adrian was born at St. Josephs Hospital and i would not go to that hospital if i was on fire and it was the only place with water in Arizona I'll let you know more about that awful place a little later on as well.

No comments: